Monday, June 11, 2012

Michigan Road Stuff

  Brock had an amazing reunion the past four days in Hudson, OH  . . .  (the original reason for this road trip).

  .  . . while I drove through WV, VA, MD, PA and shopped (and spared him) the Amish markets in Ohio.


   I found some strange McDonald's french fries - 6 X 6 pale tan boards, similar to the old fries found under car seats.


   We met up in Coldwater Michigan yesterday and had oil changes done this morning.




  Driving north on Route 31, we're following the west coast of Michigan along Lake Michigan.  The dunes at Silver Lake State Park are huge!


  Driving, I took this photo of a strange rolling contraption with 3 seated, very friendly workers.  They started waving and shouting . . . 

  . . . so I made a U-turn for a closer look.  When they saw my camera they started hooting and hollering.  I asked what they were doing and the man on the far right told me his buddy (arm up waving) -  ". . . is the best damn asparagus picker in the state of Michigan!"



  Late afternoon, two baby raccoons seemed confused, abandoned and lost on the edge of the road.  They were so tiny, sniffing around and about to enter the driving lane.  I stopped as soon as I could and a boy riding a bike pulled up at the same time.  He shooed them back into the tall weeds - they growled and snarled at his boot . . . totally clueless about cars unfortunately, but already with that raccoon attitude.











1 comment:

waves02 said...

pass the asparagus please..awesome..and the little lost critters.. hoping they are safe. what a trip..thanks for sharing. caroline