Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wayside, WI

I was driving the most beautiful stretch of road (Route 13) in Northern Wisconsin today. The mist in the air blended with the gorgeous fall colors. The route goes through rolling hills as well as along the shores of Lake Superior.



Enjoying stopping at the communities along the lake, when I saw this sign for Wayside (and I'm not kidding now), I pulled over to check the map wondering if I was where I thought I was. I was puzzled - I couldn't find Wayside on my map, nor was it showing up on the nav system.



Taking a short road through the trees to Wayside, I was pleased to see it had a decent view of Lake Superior (north Wayside).





Wayside was a small place though - it only had a single building (east Wayside).




(north northwest Wayside) . . .



I can understand the 'No Camping', but they keep the trash containers only for themselves!?








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You are so funny. Wonder what the population is? :-)
Norvona